February 4, 2021
National Children's Dental Health Month
National Children’s Dental Health Month
Each year throughout the month of February is National Children’s Dental Health Month. The American Dental Association promotes a different campaign targeting a new dental health goal each year. National Children’s Dental Health Month brings together dental health professionals, caregivers, parents, and teachers to give children the best start on oral health. From brushing and flossing to healthy snacks and routine dental visits for children of all ages! The month also includes Give Kids A Smile Day on February 6th!
Tips for Brushing
- Never skip! Making it habit requires sticking to the schedule. Even when there is a special occasion or if our child is tired, we need to highlight the importance of brushing our teeth.
- Make it fun! Songs that last 2 minutes will help. Reading to your child while they brush may also help! Even a puppet or favorite toy brushing his or her teeth can be motivating!
- Learn by example! Children follow their parents. Brush with your children and they will want to be just like you!
- Trial and error! Try different kinds of toothpaste until you find the one your little one likes. Try using the smallest amount he or she will allow and working your way up to the recommended amount. Even a tiny amount is better than no toothpaste at all!
- Don’t give up! The pain of cavities and lifelong dental issues are costlier and damaging than the dealing with the few moments of stressing battles twice a day!
Contact the Marketing Team.