MaxxSouth Broadband Internet Service Suggested Minimum Equipment Specifications
The following details the minimum suggested technical requirements for all devices that will be connected to MaxxSouth Broadband Internet Service.
LAPTOP AND DESKTOP COMPUTER SYSTEMS
- Intel Atom or Core i3 processor (1.5 GHz or faster is recommended, especially for streaming HD video) or AMD equivalent
- At least 512 MB of RAM (4 GB or more is recommended for streaming HD video)
- Windows 7 or above
- Apple Max OS 9.X or above
- Available Ethernet port with RJ45 connector
- WiFi adaptor or built-in radio capable of 802.11n or above
- A functional web browser such as Internet Explorer, Edge, Safari, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome
- Anti-virus application with current subscription to definitions (recommended)
Phones and Tablets
- Not all mobile devices have processors capable of streaming HD video or downloading files at full connection speeds.
- WiFi should be 802.11n or ac capable
- In general, the newer the device the more likely it will be able to take full advantage of higher network speeds but this may not always be the case.
Actual speeds experienced by the subscriber may vary on many factors including, but not limited to, the following:
- Number of devices connected to subscriber LAN or WiFi network
- Device processor, RAM, and storage (read and write speed capabilities)
- Router and connection adaptors (wired gigabit Ethernet or 5 GHz 802.11ac WiFi strongly recommended to take full advantage of 100 Mbps or greater service packages)
- Software applications in use
- Web browser and browser plug-ins (Flash, Java, ad blockers, etc.)
- Website and web server limitations (e.g., Not all speed test sites are capable of testing 100 Mbps and faster connections)
- The amount of radio interference from neighboring WiFi networks, particularly in higher density structures such as apartments and condo buildings
For the best online experience, consult your equipment manufacturer / software developer for required upgrades, updates, configuration tips and troubleshooting guides.